How do I run Jenkins on Ubuntu?
How to Install Jenkins on Ubuntu 18.04
- Step 1: Install Java.
- Step 2: Add the Jenkins Repository.
- Step 3: Install Jenkins.
- Step 4: Modify Firewall to Allow Jenkins.
- Step 5: Set up Jenkins.
How do I start Jenkins?
To start Jenkins from command line
- Open command prompt.
- Go to the directory where your war file is placed and run the following command: java -jar jenkins.war.
How stop and start Jenkins in Ubuntu?
The below commands worked for me in Red Hat Linux and should work for Ubuntu also.
- To know the status of Jenkins: sudo service jenkins status.
- To start the Jenkins: sudo service jenkins start.
- To stop the Jenkins: sudo service jenkins stop.
- To restart the Jenkins: sudo service jenkins restart.
How do I run Jenkins in terminal?
Open up a terminal/command prompt window to the download directory. Run the command java -jar jenkins. war . Browse to http://localhost:8080 and wait until the Unlock Jenkins page appears.
Can’t start Jenkins service?
- Ensure that your Jenkins user has the permissions to restart the Windows Jenkins service.
- Go into your jenkins.xml inside of $JENKINS_HOME and look for the <id> and <name> tags. Those should match the name of your Service running Jenkins. If they do not, adjust the jenkins.xml file and re-save it.
How do I open Jenkins console?
Visit “Manage Jenkins” > “Manage Nodes”. Select any node to view the status page. In the menu on the left, a menu item is available to open a “Script Console” on that specific agent.
How do I start Jenkins on port 8080?
- Go to the directory where you installed Jenkins (by default, it’s under Program Files/Jenkins)
- Open the Jenkins. xml configuration file.
- You can find –httpPort=8080 and replace the 8080 with the new port number.
- Restart your Jenkins server.
How do I restart Jenkins pod?
2 Answers. Just kubectl delete pods -l run=jenkins-ci – Will delete all pods with this label (your jenkins containers). Since they are under Deployment, it will re-create the containers. Network routing will be adjusted automatically (again because of the label selector).
How do I set Jenkins to restart itself?
6 Answers. Jenkins -> Manage Jenkins -> Manage Plugins -> Search for Safe Restart -> Install it. Then Restart Safely appear on the Dashboard.
How do I restart a Jenkins build?
How to Restart a Jenkins Stage
- Access your project’s CI service page (i.e., ci-<project>-infra. lfr. …
- Select the desired pipeline, and click on the desired build.
- Select the desired stage, and click on Restart.