You can see if your Hidden Album is visible from the Photos app, in the albums view, under Utilities. While that may be enough for many, iOS 14 lets you hide your hidden album entirely. From your settings app, head into photos and then look for the “Hidden Album” toggle.
However, those that have updated to iOS 14 beta 5 will notice that the Hidden Photos folder has disappeared. Has Apple deleted it? Where have my hidden photos gone? Don’t panic – your hidden photos are safe and sound, you just need to re-enable the Hidden Folder in the Settings app on your iPhone.
How do you unhide photos on iOS 14?
How to find hidden photos on iPhone or iPad
- Make sure your device is running iOS 14 (beta 5 or later).
- Go to the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap Photos.
- Turn on the toggle button for “Hidden Album“. Setting to hide and unhide the hidden album in iOS 14.
Just figured it out! Go back to your photo app and scroll to the very bottom. This view will show the “Other Albums” including the “Hidden” folder to find your hidden photos.
In order to unhide photos & videos in your Photos, follow these steps:
- For this, it’s best to use your internet browser.
- From the menu, select the Albums area.
- In the side panel that appears, click “Hidden” and then close the side panel.
- Now you’ll be shown all of your hidden photos.
Go to your iPhone settings and scroll down to “Photos.” In your “Photos” settings, you can scroll down to where it says “Hidden Album.” There’ll be a toggle to the right of it.
To make it reappear, you’ll need to turn on the Hidden Album switch in your Photos settings. By default, the Hidden album is visible from within the Photos app. Re-enabling the Hidden Album setting makes the Hidden album reappear under the Albums tab and in the Utilities section of the Photos sidebar on your iPad.
You can always unhide your hidden photos if you wish.
- Open Photos. In the menu bar, choose “View > Show Hidden Photo Album.”
- In the sidebar, select Hidden.
- Select the photo or video that you want to unhide.
Every hidden photo automatically vanishes from your Camera Roll, however, and while they are backed up to iCloud, they are apparently “not visible when viewing the library from a web browser” according to a chat group.