Can I update my iPod 4 to iOS 10?
NONE! The ONLY iPod Touch model that CAN be upgraded to iOS 10 OR 11 is the current 6th gen iPod Touch! If you want iOS 10 or 11, you will have to purchase a NEW iPod Touch 6th generation.
Is the iPod touch 4th generation still supported?
The iPod touch 5th Gen models, by contrast, are fully supported by iOS 6, iOS 7, and iOS 8. The devices are supported by iOS 9, as well. However, they are not supported by iOS 10.
iPod touch Q&A – Updated July 11, 2016.
|iPod touch 4th Gen (2010, 2011, 2012)||iPod touch 5th Gen (2012, 2013, 2014)|
|iOS 10 Support:||None||None|
Can you update iPod 4 to iOS 9?
2) Connect the iOS device to your computer. In iTunes, select your device icon on the bar at the top. 3) Now click on the Summary tab and click Check for Update. 4) To download and install iOS 9, click Download and Update.
What is the latest update for iPod touch 4th generation?
What is the current version of iOS running on your iPod touch? iOS 6.1. 6 is the last release available for iPod touch 4th gen.
Can I update my iPod touch 4 to iOS 8?
The iOS 8 update can be installed on the iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPad Air, iPad mini Retina, iPad mini, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2, and iPod touch 5. Click here for a full compatibility list.
How do I get iOS 10 on an old iPod?
To update to iOS 10, visit Software Update in Settings. Connect your iPhone or iPad to a power source and tap Install Now. Firstly, the OS must download the OTA file in order to begin setup. After the download has finished, the device will then begin the update process and eventually reboot into iOS 10.
What can I do with an old iPod 4?
8 Clever Ways to Reuse Your Old iPhone or iPod Touch
- Donate your iPhone. …
- Make it a dedicated car music repository. …
- iPhones are amazing hand-me-downs. …
- Set up a video surveillance system. …
- Repurpose it as a fancy baby monitor. …
- Channel surf with it. …
- Make it a high-tech digital cookbook. …
- Save it for a really bad day.
What can a 4th generation iPod touch do?
Apple iPod Touch 32GB Black MC544L/A (4th Generation) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- 3.5-inch TFT LCD display.
- 32 GB Storage Capacity (Estimated Free Space 28.3 GB) capacity for about 8,000 songs, 40,000 photos, or 40 hours of video; Up to 40 hours of audio playback or 7 hours of video playback on a single charge.
Can old iPod be updated?
You need to use iTunes to install or update the software on an iPod nano, iPod shuffle, or iPod classic, and you can also use iTunes to update iOS on your iPod touch. … Go ahead and click OK to update the iPod; you’ll be happy you did. After you update the software, iTunes continues syncing the iPod until it is finished.
Can you update an old iPod to iOS 9?
It’s most likely an iPod touch model 1 or 2 so it cannot be updated to iOS 9. The Settings>General>Software Update comes with iOS 5 and later.