How do I restore my Mac after wipe?
You need to put your MacBook ($479 at Amazon) into Recovery Mode in order to erase all of your data and reinstall MacOS. To enter Recovery Mode on an Intel-based Mac, restart it and immediately press and hold Command-R. You can release the keys once you see the Apple logo.
How do I reinstall original Mac OS?
Here are the steps Apple describes:
- Start up your Mac pressing Shift-Option/Alt-Command-R.
- Once you see the macOS Utilities screen choose the Reinstall macOS option.
- Click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Select your startup disk and click Install.
- Your Mac will restart once the installation is complete.
How do I restore my MacBook pro after erasing hard drive?
Follow these steps:
- Open Disk Utility from Applications -> Utilities.
- Select the volume you want to restore in the sidebar.
- Click the Restore button.
- Choose the volume from which you want to restore the erased hard drive.
- Click Restore and then click Done.
How do I reinstall Mac OS from USB?
Insert the USB drive and power up the machine. Hold the Option key as you do so, then release the Option key when a dark screen appears displaying your bootable volumes. Select the volume for your bootable USB drive, then click the up arrow or press Return. Your Mac will then reboot.
Can I install older version of macOS?
Check compatibility. The version of macOS that came with your Mac is the earliest version it can use. For example, if your Mac came with macOS Big Sur, it will not accept installation of macOS Catalina or earlier. If a macOS can’t be used on your Mac, the App Store or installer will let you know.
Can you downgrade macOS without losing data?
If you don’t like your new macOS Catalina or current Mojave, you can downgrade the macOS without losing data on your own. You need first backup important Mac data to an external hard drive and then you can apply effective methods offered by EaseUS on this page to downgrade Mac OS.
Can I install macOS from another Mac?
That means that you can copy Mac OS X, and all installed software and files, directly from one computer to another, and it should boot up and function properly.
How do I reinstall Mac startup disk?
Restart your Mac, and press Command + R, while it’s restarting. Select Disk Utility from the macOS Utilities menu. Once Disk Utility has loaded, choose the disk you wish to repair – the default name for your system partition is generally “Macintosh HD”, and choose ‘Repair Disk’.
How do I reinstall my Mac hard drive?
Restore a disk using Disk Utility on Mac
- In the Disk Utility app on your Mac, choose View > Show All Devices. …
- In the sidebar, select the volume you want to restore, then click the Restore button . …
- Click the Restore pop-up menu, then choose the volume you want to copy.
- Click Restore, then click Done.
How do I wipe my Mac and reinstall from scratch?
Restart your Mac. Choose Apple menu > Shut Down, press and hold the power button until “Loading startup options” appears, select Options, click Continue, then follow the onscreen instructions. In the Recovery app window, select Reinstall for your macOS release, click Continue, then follow the onscreen instructions.
How do I wipe my Mac without recovery mode?
Before we begin
- Select ‘Disk Utility. ‘
- Select the volume that you want to erase.
- Click ‘Erase. ‘
- Disk Utility will now wipe your hard drive. Once the process is complete, select ‘Quit Disk Utility,’ to return to the main macOS Utilities window.
Does reinstall macOS erase data?
Reinstalling macOS from the recovery menu does not erase your data. However, if there is a corruption issue, your data may be corrupted as well, its really hard to tell.
How do I start my Mac in recovery mode?
Reboot your Mac. Hold down Option/Alt-Command-R or Shift-Option/Alt-Command-R to force your Mac to boot into macOS Recovery Mode over the internet. This should boot the Mac into Recovery Mode.