Can I go back to a previous iOS version?
Going back to an older version of iOS or iPadOS is possible, but it’s not easy or recommended. You can roll back to iOS 14.4, but you probably shouldn’t. Whenever Apple releases a new software update for the iPhone and iPad, you have to decide how soon you should update.
How do I revert an iOS update?
Click “iPhone” beneath the “Devices” heading in the left sidebar of iTunes. Press and hold the “Shift” key, then click the “Restore” button in the bottom right of the window to choose which iOS file you want to restore with.
How do I roll back iOS?
How to Downgrade from iOS 15 or iPadOS 15
- Launch Finder on your Mac.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your Mac using a Lightning cable.
- Put your device into recovery mode. …
- A dialog will pop up asking if you want to restore your device. …
- Wait while the restore process completes.
How do I downgrade from iOS 14 to iOS 13?
Tips: Downgrade iOS 14 to 13 by Waiting for a New iOS 13 Version
- From your iPhone or iPad, Navigate Settings > General and tap “Profile”.
- Tap on iOS 14 Beta Software Profile and tap “Remove Profile”.
- Restart your iPhone or iPad and wait for a new iOS 13 updates to arrive.
How do I undo the iOS 14 Update?
Restoring to iOS 13 is the only way to uninstall iOS 14. 4. You should see a prompt on your computer, letting you know a device in recovery mode has been detected. It will ask if you want to Restore or Update your device, select Restore.
How do I delete the iOS 14 Update?
Delete iOS Update on Your iPhone/iPad
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and go to “General”.
- Select “Storage & iCloud Usage”.
- Go to “Manage Storage”.
- Locate the nagging iOS software update and tap on it.
- Tap “Delete Update” and confirm that you want to delete the update.
How do I revert back to iOS 14 without a computer?
It’s NOT possible to downgrade from iOS14 to 13 without making use of a computer. This is because Apple authenticates any iOS firmware through iTunes PC before allowing you to install it. If you don’t own a PC or you’re out of home, use a friend’s PC or wait until you get home to downgrade your iOS.