How do I install macOS Mojave if its damaged?
- Go to your applications folder.
- Find the installer for macOS Mojave.
- Right click on the installer and click “Show Package Contents”.
- Click on folder named “Contents”.
- Click on the folder named “SharedSupport”.
- Delete the file named “InstallInfo. …
- Enter your administer password to confirm.
How do you fix this copy of the install macOS Big Sur application is damaged?
Question: Q: This copy of the Install macOS Big Sur application is damaged, and can’t be used to install macOS. Answer: A: Answer: A: Drag and Drop the new Application in Applications folder ” Install Big Sur ” to the trash.
How do I repair a broken Mac installer?
To fix the damaged installer, you should just download the installer again. Doing so will also ensure that you have all of the macOS updates that have been released since you made the original installer, meaning you won’t have to update macOS immediately after the initial installation is complete.
Why is macOS Mojave not installing?
The macOS Mojave download may also fail if you do not have enough storage space available on your Mac. To make sure you do, open up the Apple menu and click on ‘About This Mac. … Select ‘Storage’ and then check to make sure you have enough space on your hard drive. You need at least 12.5GB free.
How do I redownload Mac installer?
You can use macOS Recovery, the built-in recovery system on your Mac, to reinstall macOS.
- Start up your computer in macOS Recovery: …
- In the Recovery app window, select Reinstall for your macOS release, then click Continue.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
Why is my copy of Mojave damaged?
The cause of this error is an expired certificate, and because the certificate is expired, the “Install macOS” app for Mojave, Sierra, and High Sierra will not run. Fortunately, there is a fairly simple solution to the “damaged” installer problem. Below are the download links for the recent versions of macOS.
How do I fix my Mojave?
Steps to Repair macOS Volume on Mojave
- Select macOS Volume and Press First Aid. A pop-up will appear ‘First Aid needs to temporarily lock the boot volume’. Press continue to start the repair process.
- Click Done when finished.
What does it mean if a Mac installer says it is damaged and can’t be opened?
If your Mac says the app you’re trying to launch has been damaged, this may indicate the app’s code has been altered. This may potentially put your system’s security and stability at risk. To fix this error, update the problematic app, install the latest macOS update or reinstall the app.
Why can’t I install high Sierra on my Mac?
To fix the macOS High Sierra problem where the installation fails due to low disk space, restart your Mac and press CTL + R while it’s booting to enter the Recover menu. … It may be worth restarting your Mac in Safe Mode, then trying to install macOS 10.13 High Sierra from there to fix the problem.