How do you delete iOS downloads?
How to remove downloaded software updates
- 1) On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings and tap General.
- 2) Select iPhone Storage or iPad Storage depending on your device.
- 3) Locate the iOS software download in the list and tap on it.
- 4) Select Delete Update and confirm you do want to delete it.
Where are iTunes iOS downloads stored?
|iPhone||C:Users[username]AppDataRoamingApple ComputeriTunesiPhone Software Updates|
|iPad||C:Users[username]AppDataRoamingApple ComputeriTunesiPad Software Updates|
|iPod touch||C:Users[username]AppDataRoamingApple ComputeriTunesiPod Software Updates|
How do you delete an iOS update already downloaded?
How to remove software update download from iPhone
- Open Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap iPhone/iPad Storage.
- Under this section, scroll and locate the iOS version and tap it.
- Tap Delete Update.
- Tap Delete Update again to confirm the process.
How do I delete the iOS 14 update?
Delete iOS Update on Your iPhone/iPad
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and go to “General”.
- Select “Storage & iCloud Usage”.
- Go to “Manage Storage”.
- Locate the nagging iOS software update and tap on it.
- Tap “Delete Update” and confirm that you want to delete the update.
Where are iOS downloads stored on Mac?
iOS update files can be found at ~/Library/iTunes , where “~” is your Home folder. Notice that software updates differ for different devices.
Does iOS update erase data?
Though Apple’s iOS updates are not suppose to delete any user information from the device, exceptions arise. To bypass this threat of losing information, and to quell any anxiety that may accompany that fear, back up your iPhone before doing an update.
Can I delete iPhone Software Updates folder?
They may be in a subfolder called iPhone Software Updates or iPad Software Updates or iPod Software Updates. Essentially, any device you have running iOS may have a . ipsw file floating around. You can delete them safely.
How do I uninstall a downloaded update?
Open the Recycle Bin on the desktop and right-click the Windows Update files you just deleted. Select “Delete” form the menu and click “Yes” to confirm you want to permanently remove the files form your computer if you are sure you no longer need them.
How do I uninstall a system update download?
Go to settings > apps and Clear Data for the Software Update app. Seems to work as the app takes up 3GB with an update downloaded.
Can I revert to a previous version of iOS?
Going back to an older version of iOS or iPadOS is possible, but it’s not easy or recommended. You can roll back to iOS 14.4, but you probably shouldn’t. Whenever Apple releases a new software update for the iPhone and iPad, you have to decide how soon you should update.