What is the latest version of Android for Galaxy S4?
Samsung Galaxy S4
|Galaxy S4 in White|
|Mass||130 g (4.6 oz)|
|Operating system||Original: Android 4.2.2 “Jelly Bean” Current: Android 5.0.1 “Lollipop” Unofficial: Android 11 via LineageOS 18.1|
|System on chip||Exynos 5 Octa 5410 (3G & South Korea LTE Versions) Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 (LTE & China Mobile TD-SCDMA versions)|
How do I install the latest version of Android on my Galaxy S4?
From the device home screen, press the Menu key and tap Settings. From the More tab, tap About device. Tap Software update > Check for updates. Follow the on-screen prompts to download and install the update.
Can Samsung Galaxy S4 operating system be updated?
For the Samsung Galaxy S4, you can update the operating system to Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
How do I update my Galaxy S4 operating system?
Update software versions
- From the Home screen, press the Menu key.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap the More tab.
- Tap About device.
- Tap Software update. If you are not connected to Wi-Fi, you will receive a prompt to connect. If Wi-Fi is not available, tap on OK. …
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
- Wait as your phone restarts and updates.
How can I update my Galaxy S4 to Android 7?
How to update Galaxy S4 to Android 7.0 AOSP
- Reboot your SGS4 into Recovery mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Up, Home and Power keys until the screen flashes. …
- Once in the recovery mode, take a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM. …
- Now, select wipe data/factory reset > Yes to confirm your action.
Is Galaxy S4 obsolete?
Is the Galaxy S4 outdated? Yes! the S4 is still a good buy even in 2017. … I did a review on a used Samsung s4 and I must say yes it is still a good phone.
How do I upgrade my phone to the latest version?
Updating your Android.
- Make sure your device is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Open Settings.
- Select About Phone.
- Tap Check for Updates. If an update is available, an Update button will appear. Tap it.
- Install. Depending on the OS, you’ll see Install Now, Reboot and install, or Install System Software. Tap it.