Why is my phone saying no network connection?
One of the reasons a Samsung or Android device may show “No Service” is because it’s connected to a disabled cellular radio signal. … Once the test ends, navigate to the bottom of the menu and check the radio data. It should be enabled.
How do I fix network issues on my Android?
Restart your device.
- Restart your device. It might sound simple, but sometimes that’s all it takes to fix a bad connection.
- If restarting doesn’t work, switch between Wi-Fi and mobile data: Open your Settings app “Wireless & networks” or “Connections”. …
- Try the troubleshooting steps below.
Why is my android network not working?
Reset network settings
Open your phone Settings. Scroll down and select System, then tap on Reset options. Carefully select Reset mobile network (or Reset WiFi, Mobile Network, Bluetooth), and then select the affected SIM card.
How do I fix my phone not connecting to the network?
Reset your phone’s network and OS settings
If your phone still won’t connect, then it’s time to do some resetting. In the Settings app, go to “General Management.” There, tap “Reset.” settings. Your phone will restart — try connecting to Wi-Fi again.
How do you restore a network connection?
How to reset network settings on an Android device
- Open the Settings app on your Android.
- Scroll to and tap either “General management” or “System,” depending on what device you have.
- Tap either “Reset” or “Reset options.”
- Tap the words “Reset network settings.”
How do I activate mobile network on Android?
Go to the Settings menu, then scroll down and tap on Mobile Networks. Tap on that option and then tap on the Network Mode. You should see LTE network selections, and you can just pick the best one for your carrier.
Why is my network not working?
There are a lot of possible reasons for why your internet isn’t working. Your router or modem may be out of date, your DNS cache or IP address may be experiencing a glitch, or your internet service provider could be experiencing outages in your area. The problem could be as simple as a faulty Ethernet cable.
How do I fix my SIM network problem?
Fix SIM errors
- Reboot your device. Turn your Android off, then switch it back on. …
- Adjust your SIM card. The SIM card must be seated in your Android properly. …
- Replace your SIM card. …
- Remove and reinsert SIM card. …
- Consider relocating. …
- Call Customer Service. …
- Reset your network settings.
How do I get my phone to connect to the Internet?
To connect an Android phone to a wireless network:
- Press the Home button, and then press the Apps button. …
- Under “Wireless and Networks”, make sure “Wi-Fi” is turned on, then press Wi-Fi.
- You may have to wait a moment as your Android device detects wireless networks in range, and displays them in a list.