How do I connect my Android phone to my computer via USB cable?
Option 2: Move files with a USB cable
- Unlock your phone.
- With a USB cable, connect your phone to your computer.
- On your phone, tap the “Charging this device via USB” notification.
- Under “Use USB for,” select File Transfer.
- A file transfer window will open on your computer.
Why isn’t my phone connecting to my computer via USB?
Start with the Obvious: Restart and Try Another USB Port
Restart your Android phone, and give it another go. Also try another USB cable, or another USB port on your computer. Plug it directly into your computer instead of a USB hub.
How do I connect my phone to my computer via USB?
Locate an open USB port on the computer and plug the larger end of the USB cable into the port. Windows will recognize the device automatically and install the necessary drivers required to sync files between your phone and PC.
How do I enable USB access on Android?
Use USB storage devices
- Connect a USB storage device to your Android device.
- On your Android device, open Files by Google .
- At the bottom, tap Browse. . …
- Tap the storage device you want to open. Allow.
- To find files, scroll to “Storage devices” and tap your USB storage device.
Where is USB settings in Android?
How to Configure Your Android’s USB Connection
- Open the Settings app.
- Choose Storage.
- Touch the Action Overflow icon and choose the USB Computer Connection command.
- Choose either Media Device (MTP) or Camera (PTP). Select Media Device (MTP) if it’s not already selected.
How do I get my PC to recognize my Android phone?
1. Check USB computer connection settings
- On your Android device open Settings and go to Storage.
- Tap the more icon in the top right corner and choose USB computer connection.
- From the list of options select Media device (MTP).
- Connect your Android device to your computer, and it should be recognized.
Why is my phone not detecting USB?
You may refer to the first solution above to enable Developer options on your phone, then follow the steps below to enable USB debugging. Launch your device Settings and click Now select Developer options from there. Scroll down and find USB debugging. Enable it and try reconnecting to the computer to see if it works.
Why is my USB device not recognized?
Windows may be missing other important updates hardware or software issues. Your USB controllers may have become unstable or corrupt. Your external drive may be entering selective suspend. Your PC motherboard may need updated drivers.
What is an OTG connector?
An OTG or On The Go adapter (sometimes called an OTG cable, or OTG connector) allows you to connect a full sized USB flash drive or USB A cable to your phone or tablet through the Micro USB or USB-C charging port. … You can do the following with an OTG cable: Plug in keyboards and mouse to the mobile.
How do I enable USB connection?
Enable USB Ports via Device Manager
- Click the Start button and type “device manager” or “devmgmt. …
- Click “Universal Serial Bus controllers” to see a list of USB ports on the computer.
- Right-click each USB port, then click “Enable.” If this does not re-enable the USB ports, right-click each again and select “Uninstall.”
How do I transfer files from Android to Android?
Open the file that you’d like to share > tap the share icon > tap Nearby Share. Your phone will now start searching for devices nearby. The person you’re sending the file to will also need to enable Nearby Share on their Android phone. Once your phone detects the receiver’s phone, you simply tap their device name.
How do I connect a USB to my phone?
How to Connect with a USB OTG cable
- Connect a flash drive (or SD reader with card) to the full-size USB female end of the adapter. …
- Connect USB-C end to your phone. …
- Swipe down from the top to show the notification shade. …
- Tap USB Drive. …
- Tap Internal Storage to view the files on your phone.
Where is OTG in settings?
Check OTG Settings
Usually, when you try to connect an OTG, you get an alert “Enable OTG”. This is when you need to turn the OTG option ON. To do this, navigate through Settings > Connected devices > OTG. Here, click on the On/Off toggle to activate it.